- In each and every reference I found, this screen would appear in a laptop with intel dual core
- Most of these laptops had intellipoint 6.1 or later driver for their mice.
- Turn off multiple CPU core's in BIOS: which would be an unacceptable option for me. Why buy a dual core if I am going to use it as a single core!!!
- Disabling hardware acceleration in the advanced display properties : I did actually try this but when no hardware acceleration is active, many programs wont run and everything gets a little bit slower
- Disabling or uninstalling IntelliPoint 6.1 Software (also listed in the following url http://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/feedback/Workaround.aspx?FeedbackID=262721) : This actually did the trick for me.
I hope some one might find this useful cause I was starting to believe that I will never again be able to edit the contents of my tables from SSMS...